Meet the Members of sfBIG
Meet Susan Edmonds
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- Sitting on a beach (preferably Cabo) with my husband and our two dogs with a cold drink in my hand.
- What are the qualities you look for in hiring people?
- First and foremost, I’m eager to bring people onto my team who I feel are genuine, have unshakable integrity, understand the value of selfless teamwork and possess an effervescent enthusiasm for our industry.
- What living person(s) do you most admire?
- While this may seem slightly cliche and potentially trite, I am compelled to say my parents Chuck and Gayle. They worked tirelessly to instill in me that undeniable truth that hard work and perseverance pay off and also be always be true to yourself. My Mom and Dad each was raised in working-class families in San Francisco and worked to pay for their own college tuition. After graduating, they continued to leverage an indefatigable work ethic towards buying their own home, raise two kids and save enough money to also put my brother and me through college. Equally as important in my eyes is that they have been married for 55 years and that love and commitment still shine on.
- What’s the best advice you ever received?
- Whatever you do, give it 100%. You can always walk away, holding your head up high and knowing you did the best you can do!
- What are the times you try and stay off your phone?
- With the help of Apple’s new “Weekly Screen Time” notification, I recently found myself confronted with the fact that I am too attached to my phone. Checking my emails, my texts, etc was the first thing I’d do each morning–before even getting out of bed. Knowing that this can become truly unhealthy, I am currently trying to get a step back and not be on my phone after 8 pm at night and on weekends and live more at the moment.
- What is the app you wish someone would invent?
- I feel like most of my needs are all met by all the apps that are already created. Dog walking, Travel, Cabs, food delivery, you name it there is an app for it!
- What gets you excited about our business in 2020?
- I love how this business is continually changing and evolving, when you think that there isn’t room for new companies to be developed in our space you see companies Qubi, Disney + and Vizo launching and carving out a new space for themselves. The fact that we live in a society that allows for constant creativity, free-thinking, and development to happen I find amazing and I can’t wait to see what the rest of 2020 will bring.